There seems to be a huge influx of women who suddenly start worrying about their appearance when they reach a certain age group. This usually happens when a woman turns 50. There are several reasons for this.
Of course one of the main ones is that women of this age are normally having to deal with the effects of menopause. But, another huge reason is that around this age a woman starts to have more time on her hands. Any children have most likely left home and this signals a new turning point in a woman’s life. She has the time to focus on her and her husband.
This is when she notices those fine lines and gray hairs that are developing, sometimes quite rapidly. The following beauty tips are specifically aimed at women over the age of 50.
1. Stop smoking and drinking. These two things can really play havoc with those fine lines. In addition they can make your skin look gray and less healthy overall.
2. If you are starting to feel your age begin an exercise routine. This can be as simple as walking or swimming on a regular basis. Exercising will help strengthen your body, keep your joints flexible and will provide you with more energy.
3. As you age your skin becomes more delicate. For this reason you want to get into the habit of always using skin care products that contain sunscreen.
4. Pay attention to any moles that you have on your skin. After spending a good portion of your 50+ years outside you can be at risk for developing skin cancer. If any moles begin to enlarge or take on a different appearance, have them checked out by your doctor.
5. Older skin tends to be drier. Take the time to use good quality moisturizers on all areas of your skin, including your breasts.
6. Drink lots of water as this will hydrate not only your body but your skin as well. Think of it as giving your body a flush from the inside out.
7. If you have used the same skin care products for the last 20 years, try changing to products specifically for women over the age of 50. You will see a huge difference in the tone and look of your skin.
8. When was the last time you changed your hairstyle? Treating yourself to a new hair style can make you look years younger. As well you will just feel good about yourself.
9. Consider using hair color to cover up your gray hairs. Remember that this is something that you will have to do on a regular basis. Changing up your hair color or adding highlights helps to increase your self confidence.
10. If your hair is becoming thin then switch over to using a volumizing shampoo. This can add more texture and bulk to your hair, again making you feel great.
These 10 beauty tips for women over the age of 50 will have you looking and feeling better about yourself in no time.